Detail View: Architecture and Urban Planning Collection: Clinton County Courthouse

Work Record ID: 
5366
Reproduction Record ID: 
5366
Work Class: 
Architecture
Work Type: 
county courthouse
Title: 
Clinton County Courthouse
Title Type: 
preferred
Creator: 
Weber, Werner & Adkins, active early 20th century
Creator Dates: 
1900-1930
Creator Type: 
corporate
Creator Role: 
architect
Date: 
1916-1919
Date Type: 
creation
Location: 
Wilmington (Ohio)
Location Type: 
site
Location: 
46 S. South Street (Wilmington, Ohio)
Style Period: 
Neoclassical
Culture: 
American
Subject: 
domes (architectural element)
Subject: 
balustrades
Subject: 
municipal buildings
Subject: 
entablatures
Subject: 
Wilmington (Ohio)
Description: 
The Clinton County courthouse was built from 1916-1919 by architects Weber, Werner and Adkins, and is similar in appearance to the U.S. Capitol building prior to the Civil War. The lavish interior is filled with marble staircases and faux marble columns, culminating in a leaded glass dome.
Information Source: 
Thrane, Susan W. County Courthouses of Ohio. Indianapolis: Indiana University Press, 2000.
Reproduction Creator: 
Deshon, Robert A., 1915-2007
Reproduction View: 
Side and front facade
Reproduction View Type: 
exterior view
Reproduction Information Source: 
Ohio Historical Society
Reproduction Rights Statement: 
These images are for non-profit use educational use. Publication, commercial use, or reproduction of material in physical or digital form requires prior written permission from the copyright holder.