Detail View: Architecture and Urban Planning Collection: Ashtabula County Courthouse

Work Record ID: 
5283
Reproduction Record ID: 
5283
Work Class: 
Architecture
Work Type: 
county courthouse
Title: 
Ashtabula County Courthouse
Title Type: 
preferred
Creator: 
Woolly, John, 1843-1907
Creator Dates: 
1843-1907
Creator Type: 
personal
Creator Role: 
contractor
Date: 
1891
Date Type: 
creation
Location: 
Jefferson (Ohio)
Location Type: 
site
Location: 
25 W. Jefferson Street (Jefferson, Ohio)
Style Period: 
Modernist
Culture: 
American
Subject: 
National Register of Historic Places
Subject: 
mansard roofs
Subject: 
towers (building divisions)
Subject: 
hipped dormers
Subject: 
Jefferson (Ohio)
Subject: 
baluster columns
Related Work: 
Ashtabula County Courts Complex
Relation Type: 
component of
Description: 
Ashtabula County courthouse, constructed in 1960 by architects Kujala and Koski, is home to Ohio's largest county. In addition to the present courthouse, the former Queen Anne Style courthouse, built in 1850, which now houses county offices, the previous probate court building, and the Lawyer's Row office building comprise the Ashtabula County Courts Complex, a registered historic district.
Information Source: 
Thrane, Susan W. County Courthouses of Ohio. Indianapolis: Indiana University Press, 2000.
Reproduction Creator: 
Deshon, Robert A., 1915-2007
Reproduction View: 
Front facade
Reproduction View Type: 
exterior view
Reproduction Information Source: 
Ohio Historical Society
Reproduction Rights Statement: 
These images are for non-profit use educational use. Publication, commercial use, or reproduction of material in physical or digital form requires prior written permission from the copyright holder.