Throughout the 19th century two prominent medical schools competed for students in the city of Cincinnati, the Medical College of Ohio and later the Miami Medical College. In 1896, the Medical College of Ohio joined the University of Cincinnati. Thirteen years later, the Miami Medical College followed suit, thereby creating the Ohio-Miami Medical College of the University of Cincinnati. In 1920, the college changed its name to the College of Medicine of the University of Cincinnati.
The Winkler Center’s Medical Schools Collection currently consists of 231 scanned images of Miami Medical College and Ohio-Miami Medical College graduates, and faculty. The images were scanned from old photographs and cabinet cards, and document the years 1873-1910.