Media Information

 
 
 
Collection name:
Robert A. Deshon Courthouses Collection
Record:
Work Record ID:
69
Reproduction Record ID:
69
Work Class:
Architecture
Work Type:
county courthouse
Title:
Crawford County Courthouse
Title Type:
preferred
Creator:
Jones, Harlan F., active early 20th century
Creator Dates:
1900-1930
Creator Type:
personal
Creator Role:
architect
Creator:
Hancock, A.E., active early 20th century
Creator Dates:
1900-1930
Creator Type:
personal
Creator Role:
contractor
Creator:
Kinney, O.S., active mid-19th century
Creator Dates:
1840-1870
Creator Type:
personal
Creator Role:
architect
Creator:
Assenheimer, J.L., active late 19th century
Creator Dates:
1870-1899
Creator Type:
personal
Creator Role:
architect
Date:
1906-1908
Date Type:
alteration
Date:
1854
Date Type:
creation
Date:
1893
Date Type:
creation
Location:
Bucyrus (Ohio)
Location Type:
site
Location:
112 E. Mansfield Street (Bucyrus, Ohio)
Culture:
American
Subject:
hip roofs
Subject:
balustrades
Subject:
Bucyrus (Ohio)
Subject:
pillars
Description:
The Crawford County courthouse was built in 1865, but extensive renovations between 1906-1908 by architect Harlan Jones significantly updated the building. The original brick facade was covered with stone, and an impressive stained glass dome was installed above the courtroom. To the left of the courthouse entrance, there is a statue honoring Colonel William Crawford, a Revolutionary War hero and namesake of the county.
Information Source:
Thrane, Susan W. County Courthouses of Ohio. Indianapolis: Indiana University Press, 2000.
Reproduction Creator:
Deshon, Robert A., 1915-2007
Reproduction View:
Side facade
Reproduction View Type:
exterior view
Reproduction Information Source:
Ohio Historical Society
Reproduction Rights Statement:
These images are for non-profit use educational use. Publication, commercial use, or reproduction of material in physical or digital form requires prior written permission from the copyright holder.

Crawford County Courthouse