Media Information

 
 
 
Collection name:
Architecture and Urban Planning Collection
Record:
Work Record ID:
5662
Reproduction Record ID:
5662
Work Class:
Architecture
Work Type:
county courthouse
Title:
Trumbull County Courthouse
Title Type:
preferred
Creator:
LaBelle & French, active late 19th century
Creator Dates:
1870-1899
Creator Type:
corporate
Creator Role:
architect
Date:
1895-1897
Date Type:
creation
Location:
Warren (Ohio)
Location Type:
site
Location:
160 High Street NW (Warren, Ohio)
Style Period:
Richardsonian Romanesque
Culture:
American
Subject:
National Register of Historic Places
Subject:
arches
Subject:
turrets (towers)
Subject:
columns (architectural elements)
Subject:
clock towers
Subject:
cupolas
Subject:
pavilions (building divisions)
Subject:
bays (building divisions)
Subject:
Warren (Ohio)
Description:
The present structure is the third Trumbull County courthouse. It was completed in 1897 by architects LaBelle and French at a time when the county was experiencing great prosperity. The building has been nicknamed "The Stone Quarry" and "The Rock Palace" because of its Richardsonian Romanesque style and bold stonework.
Information Source:
Thrane, Susan W. County Courthouses of Ohio. Indianapolis: Indiana University Press, 2000.
Reproduction Creator:
Deshon, Robert A., 1915-2007
Reproduction View:
Side and rear facade
Reproduction View Type:
exterior view
Reproduction Information Source:
Ohio Historical Society
Reproduction Rights Statement:
These images are for non-profit use educational use. Publication, commercial use, or reproduction of material in physical or digital form requires prior written permission from the copyright holder.

Trumbull County Courthouse