During the summer of 1941, the U.S. Army invited the University of Cincinnati to organize the 25th General Hospital to serve as a major medical facility in the European war theater. More than 600 physicians, surgeons, nurses, and enlisted men served the 25th with distinction in England, France, and Belgium until the end of the war. This service is commemorated with a web exhibit highlighting the movements, personnel, personal narratives and medical contributions of the 25th General Hospital. A digital collection of photographs, documents, videos and other memorabilia accompanies the exhibit.
Original materials are held at the Winkler Center for the History of the Health Professions, University of Cincinnati Libraries.
Do you have a story to share about the 25th General Hospital? Join us on Facebook or contact us directly:
Henry R. Winkler Center for the History of the Health Professions
231 Albert Sabin Way
Cincinnati, Ohio 45267-0574
Financial support for this exhibit and collection was provided by COL (IL) J. N. Pritzker, IL ARNG (Ret.), President & CEO, Tawani Enterprises, Inc., Founder & Chair, Pritzker Military Library, and Founder & President, Tawani Foundation.